Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hello Firenze

I am here! It is sooo hot. I am trying to get on Italy time, but no such luck, I slept all day. First meal I had here was penne al pesto and sparkling mineral water. We learned our first cultural lesson after eating. Apparently it is rude to ask to bring home your leftovers. When one of the girls asked out waiter, he rolled his eyes and did not look happy. We haven't ventured too far from our hostel, since we might get lost. But hopefully tomorrow we can go explore a little more. I am glad a brought a Klean Kanteen with me because it is an absolute necessity when walking around in the burning heat. So I won't be able to post any pictures any time soon because I forgot my camera's USB cord at home! I'm going to have my mom send it to me and then I will post a million pictures. What they say about vespas and Italy is completely true! There are so many! They are everywhere and they go so fast! The pedestrian definitely does not have the right of way in this city. I am so excited to learn my way around and meet the locals that live here. I wonder how long it will take me to get used to this time change. Going apartment hunting in a few days, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment